Transfer your permit

You can transfer your permit to another person. Below are the application forms and the guidance notes you will need to do this

An environmental permit is location specific. This means that if you sell your land you can’t take your permit with you and continue the permitted activity at your new location. You will need to transfer your permit to the new owners.

If you are not the landowner, but no longer have an interest in the land for which you hold a flood risk activity permit, you will either need to transfer ownership to a new permit holder who will continue with the activity, or surrender your permit.

Applicants must fill in form D8

Where should I send my application?

The application form contains details of where you should send your completed application form. You can send a printed copy of your application to the relevant area office address or send it to us by email. If you need any assistance, you may wish to contact our Customer Care Centre who will be able to help direct you to a member of staff who will deal with your application and payment.


If transfer is refused and you think it has been withheld unreasonably you may appeal. Appeals are normally dealt with by Welsh Ministers. Please contact us if you would like more information about the appeals process.

Related document downloads